Sleep Metro is entirely supported by its readers. When you purchase any product through the branded referral links on my site, I receive a commission at no additional expense to you. In addition, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Need to know more? Read about my research and review process.
Brooklyn Bedding makes, what they call, the #bestmattressever. It’s a latex mattress with all sorts of bells and whistles that ensures you experience the #BestSleepEver. You may think the company is named after Brooklyn, New York. But in fact, it's named for the creator’s daughter.
Since 2009, Brooklyn Bedding has been shipping more than 1,000 rolled and packaged mattresses daily from its Phoenix factory to locations across the U.S.
You’ll appreciate the Brooklyn Bedding Bowery for its durability and value. Read on to learn if this is the mattress for you.
Category A: Mattress Features
Components of the Mattress
Type of Mattress
11 inches total
Patented Energex foam
Available in Medium firmness only
1-inch Quilted gel memory foam
3 inches Energex foam
Cooling. Promotes airflow.
2 inches transitional foam
Offers resilience + responsive "push back"
5 inches high-density foam
It ensures the endurance and longevity of the mattress.
* "Bottoming out" means that the mattress core, or support layer, sags prematurely
Brooklyn Bedding makes its Bowery mattress in the Medium firmness only.
On a scale of firmness out of 10, where 10 is the firmest, the mattress ranks at 5 to 5.5.
Category B: Brand Reputation
Warranty + Return/Refund Policy
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-Day Comfort Guarantee and 10-year Warranty. The latter covers defects and 1-inch or greater body impressions. If you’re dissatisfied with your mattress, you may return it at no additional cost. Refunds are most often credited back to your card within 3- 4 business days.
The mattress may be ordered online, with free shipping and returns.
Brooklyn Bedding recommends you try the mattress for a minimum of 2 weeks after delivery to ensure it is (or is not) the right fit for you. This is important, because many users state this mattress requires a break-in period of up to a few weeks. In a single calendar year, you may return a Brooklyn Bedding mattress before the 120-Day Comfort Guarantee expires. If you return a second mattress in a single year, you incur a $99 fee.
Summary of Mattress Performance
- 1 out of 8 users report reduced back pain with Brooklyn Bedding
- No noise
- Custom mattress sizes are available and are priced accordingly
- Minimal off-gassing; smell dissipates after several hours in a well-ventilated room
- Minimal motion transfer
- 19 out of 20 users report the mattress
- Made with high-quality materials
- Free shipping + returns
- 120-Night Sleep trial
- 10-year warranty
- Made in the USA
- Stress-free return/refund policy
- As with most foam mattresses, body impressions may develop over time
- May not provide adequate edge support
Other Factors To Consider
- The mattress is encased in a soft and pillowy quilted cotton cover.
- Many customers report that they really have experienced the best sleep of their lives
on this mattress.
- If you must return the mattress, Brooklyn Bedding arranges for a local charity to pick up the
mattress from your home to use as a donation.
- BB mattresses should ONLY be rotated every 6 to 8 months, and never be flipped.
- Many customers consider the BB Bowery great value for money.
Sleep Metro Star Rating
Construction + Cover
Durability + Quality
Off Gassing (Smell)
SIZE / MATTRESS
You’ll Benefit From Brooklyn Bedding Because...
- You are a back or side sleeper
- You have back pain and require full-body support
- You're looking for a durable mattress that's good value for money
- Your partner tosses and turns