Sleep Metro is entirely supported by its readers. When you purchase any product through the referral links on our site, we receive a commission at no additional expense to you. This helps us with the expenses associated with running our site, so that we may keep the information updated and relevant. Need to know more? Read about our research and review process.
When you are buying a mattress, getting a good night’s sleep is not the only reason you need it for. What about the times you are not sleeping? Yes, I am talking about finding the best mattress for sex. You may not think about this, but some mattresses are better suited for sex than others. In this guide, Sleep Metro discusses what features to look for, the different types of mattresses, and some of the best mattresses for sex that you can buy. Don’t worry, these mattresses have features that also ensure you get a good night’s sleep.
When you are shopping for a mattress that is good for both sex and sleeping, you want a mattress that will be supportive and firm, but also comfortable and easy to move around on. Here are a few key features to consider before purchasing:
- Ease of Movement: Sex should be fun and neither partner should feel as though they’re working too hard. You want a mattress that quickly adjusts to your body as you are moving around. Some mattresses sink in more than others. This can be more comfortable for sleeping, but does not provide a good surface for sex.
- Noise: Foam mattresses tend to be much quieter than spring ones.
- Durability: Your mattress should be high-quality so that it will last a long time for both sleeping and sex.
- Comfort: Naturally, you want a mattress that provides comfort and support. If you have a poor quality mattress, it can lead to poor sleeping habits and bad sex.
- Supports a Variety of Sexual Positions: The entire mattress surface should maintain a level and flat area on which to easily and comfortably move as well as be supportive from edge to edge.
- Easy Cleanup of Fluids/Stains: It’s advisable to use a mattress protector for easy cleanup.
Types of Mattresses: What Makes Them Good for Sex?
Sleep Metro delves into the different types of mattresses and best beds for sex. The following criteria should be considered when shopping for a suitable mattress:
- Coil/spring mattresses are the most popular types and provide the best bounce and support. This type does tend to be noisier than others, so if you prefer discretion, you might want to opt for a foam mattress.
- Memory foam mattresses are very comfortable and quiet. Because the material is very soft, you do sink into it, which can make it difficult to move around on. Memory foam also has the tendency to trap heat.
- Latex foam mattresses are supportive and stay fairly quiet during sex. Latex foam is preferable to memory foam because it is cooler, provides comfort, and is much easier to move around on.
- Hybrid mattresses use a combination of foams, or foam and springs. These mattresses give you the best of both worlds and are great options for both sex and sleeping.
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for in a mattress, keep reading for the best mattress for sex reviews.
The following comparison chart lists 6 of the top-rated mattresses for sex. Think about which features are most important to you, whether it is noise levels, comfort and/or support. These mattresses also provide a good night’s sleep with their unique features and high-quality materials.
5 Best Mattresses for Sex
Good bounce + support.
Body contouring Adaptive Foam. Cooling ability.
Uses proprietary Avena. Minimal motion transfer. Pressure point relief. Good bounce. Cooling ability.
Talalay latex. Breathable + cooling. Good comfort + support. Available in 3 comfort levels.
Hybrid. Great edge support. Breathable + cooling gel foam. Minimal motion transfer.
Energex foam layer provides adequate push back. Good balance of bounce + support. Breathable + cooling.
Great choice for sex.
Medium + Firm
What Are the Important Features of the Best Mattress for Sex?
The Mattress Should Provide The Following Features:
- Be easy to move around on
- Be comfortable
- Allow for discretion
- Be bouncy
- Be durable
- Provide support from edge to edge
- Maintain a flat, level, supportive and comfortable surface without any sagging in the middle
- Allow for easy cleanup of bodily fluids
You may not have thought that some mattresses were better for sex than others. Hopefully, after reading this guide, you have a better idea of what type of mattress is the best choice for you and your partner. There are many options available, but at the end of the day, your mattress choice depends on your personal preference.