Sleep Metro is entirely supported by its readers. When you purchase any product through the referral links on our site, we receive a commission at no additional expense to you. This helps us with the expenses associated with running our site, so that we may keep the information updated and relevant. Need to know more? Read about our research and review process.
Signature Sleep not only sells three separate lines of mattresses, but also folding guest beds,
sofa sleepers, pillows, foundations, and other furniture. The brand’s diverse range of products means there is something for every type of sleeper of every body type. In this review, I analyze to determine whether the Memoir 12-inch--firm memory foam is one of the best mattresses that supports and lightly cradles heavy people.
The Signature Sleep 12-inch Memoir Mattress is affordable and easy to set up. It's a great option
for heavy, large or obese people as well as individuals who are on a budget.
Category A: Mattress Features
Components of the Mattress
Type of Mattress
12 inches total
2-layer top of knit fabric
Composed of a
Soft to the touch.
4 inches of responsive
Supports your body.
Limits motion transfer.
8 inches of high-density polyurethane foam
Maintains the correct balance between conforming comfort and proper support.
With a full 12 inches, the Signature Sleep Memoir is among the densest in the industry. The mattress sleeps firm, while cradling your body as a good memory foam should. People with heavier body types feel supported without sinking into the mattress.
On a scale of 1- 10, with 10 being the firmest, the Signature Sleep Memoir 12-Inch is at 7.5
Category B: Brand Reputation
Warranty + Return/Refund Policy
Signature Sleep offers a 1-year Limited Warranty that covers defects in workmanship and materials, but not sagging or other side effects of normal wear. The mattress is easy to care for and should be rotated twice annually.
The limited 1-year warranty is shockingly low compared to the industry standard of 10- and 20-year warranties. At best, this mattress may last 5-7 years.
Summary of Mattress Performance
- Recommended for back + side sleepers
- It stands out for providing pressure point relief in your shoulders, hip and back
- Attractively priced -- all sizes retail for less than $350
- Minimal bounce and motion transfer
- Edges hold up sufficiently to prevent you from sliding off the sides
- Easy to clean -- knit cover is removable and machine-washable
- May be too firm for individuals who weigh less than 130 lbs, or have a low to moderate BMI
- May require a mattress topper for added softness
- Heavier individuals may experience the mattress sinks in and loses density after only 1 year, or sooner
- Does not contain significant structural edge support
- Not durable and cost efficient over the
- Off-gassing is overwhelmingly strong;
may require a full 7 days, or longer, to completely dissipate
- Lack of bounce and motion transfer reduce comfort
- Retains heat; may require a 100% cotton pad to keep cool
Other Factors To Consider
- The mattress is made in China by Dorel Industries.
- The foam used in the mattress is CertiPUR-US certified.
- If you toss and turn in the night, the Signature Sleep Memoir 12-inch quiets your movements
and may even help you sleep more peacefully.
- Signature Sleep does not sell its mattresses directly from its website, but instead through
several brick-and-mortar retailers (take extra care to note the return and refund policy)
as well as on Amazon.
- You may sleep easy knowing your mattress does not contain hazardous chemicals for you, your family or the environment.
- Many side and back sleepers report the best sleep of their nights on this mattress.
- It's among the least expensive memory foam mattresses when compared to other brands.
- If you sleep in the same position night after night, you are advised to rotate the mattress.
- It may also take up to 48 hours for the mattress to expand out of the packaging to its full
- Some sleepers find the mattress is comfortable while sleeping, but leads to lower back pain
Sleep Metro Star Rating
Construction + Cover
Durability + Quality
Off Gassing (Smell)
You’ll Benefit From The Memoir 12-inch Because…
- You are a back or side sleeper
- You require minimal motion transfer
- You intend to keep the mattress only short-term